Healthy Recipes| Oats Dumplings
| Oats – 1 cup | Parboiled Rice – 1 cup | Roasted Gram – 1/2 cup | Red Chillies – 4 | Coconut – 1/2, grated | Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp | Urad Dal – 1 tsp | Asafoetida Powder – a pinch | Curry Leaves – few | Oil as needed | Salt as per taste
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and red chilli.
4. When mustard splutters, add 4 cups of water, coconut and salt.
5. When water starts boiling, add powdered rice, oats and stir well.
6. When rice is cooked, remove the vessel from the stove and allow to cool.
7. Take handful of the mixture.
8. Press into oblong balls.
9. Steam the balls or deep fry in oil.
10. Serve hot with chutney.