| 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or old fashioned ~ uncooked | 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork until creamy | 1 cup unsweetened applesauce | 1/3 cup raisins, or to taste ((optional ~ you can add in some dried cranberries (replacing some of the raisins) if you include the use of dried cranberries | in your diet. Trader Joe’s makes a really good one.)) | 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (or regular, if you prefer) | 1 tsp vanilla extract | 1 tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
1. Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into the applesauce.
3. Blend applesauce mixture with all other ingredients & let sit for 10 minutes
4. Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into rounds.
5. Bake approx. 20 – 30 minutes, or until golden & done.
6. Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
7. Store in a covered container when completely cool.
8. Enjoy for breakfast, for an afternoon snack with tea/coffee or just about anytime!